IBFA COVID-19 STATEMENT (7-7-20)
The health and safety of the IBFA community is always at the forefront of our decision-making and never more so than during this COVID-19 (Coronavirus) global pandemic. Therefore, in response to the alarming rapid surge in COVID-19 exposure, spread and risk throughout the area, the IBFA Board has decided to postpone all IBFA 2020 Fall Football activities until after August 1, 2020. During this time, all practices, gatherings and other IBFA team related activities involving direct contact between individuals (regardless of group size) are strictly prohibited.
Looking forward, IBFA will continue to follow the strict guidance of the CDC, public health officials and local/state authorities to guide our future decisions. In addition, IBFA will “err on the side of caution”, and we will not follow suite with whatever anyone else is doing until we make sure the path is clear and safe. Bottom line, the safety of our children, parents, volunteers and community as a whole is paramount to all other interests or concerns; and therefore, we unconditionally refuse to place anyone in harms way for the sake of playing football.
Together, we are facing a very challenging and serious situation that is affecting all of us in many different ways. Please be vigilant, smart and safe as we work through these very difficult times. Our Love and Prayers are with you and your loved ones, and we look forward to seeing everyone once the storm finally passes. We will keep you informed as additional information becomes available.
Michael A. Parson
IBFA COVID-19 STATEMENT (6-24-20)
The health and safety of the IBFA community is always at the forefront of our decision-making and never more so than during this COVID-19 (Coronavirus) global pandemic. Therefore, we are following the strict guidance of the CDC, public health officials and local/state authorities to implement policies and procedures that will reduce the potential exposure and spread of COVID-19 during the 2020 Fall football season.
IBFA 2020 Fall football activities are scheduled to begin on July 17-18, 2020 with the Conditioning and Fitness Mini-Camp, which is offered for free to all participants. Official team practices are scheduled to begin on Monday, July 20, 2020. However, please consider that we will be well informed, thoughtful and cautious regarding any decisions made to move forward with planned activities; and, that we will “err on the side of caution” and make necessary adjustments to our plans as appropriate because the safety of our children and community as a whole is paramount to all other concerns and/or interests.
Michael A. Parson